Saturday, March 20, 2010

David Klein


I just recently found this photograph in and antique shop in Colorado. There were 2 copies of the photograph and I bought both of them because they contained different information. According to the 1900 Census, David was born in March 1874 in New York. In the 1880 Census, it has Henry (Born approx. 1838 in Baden, Germany) listed as David's father but no mother. I found his mother in the 1870 Census as Caroline (born approx. 1836 in Hesse, Germany). His siblings were listed in the 1870 Census as: Abraham, Sarah, Edward, Matilda, Sophia, Jane, Lena, and Marx. Both Census listed them as living in New York City. I am assuming that Henry is the father and not the son as was written on the picture. In the 1910 Census, it has Carolyn/Caroline listed as his oldest daughter. So I am guessing he named his daughter after his mother. I think his mother may have passed between 1870 and 1880. I can't find any info on a son named Henry. David Married Julia. The only children I found was Caroline E, Henrietta, and Nathan E.

No comments:

Post a Comment